Wednesday, June 20, 2007

First Day with no Dairy

this is getting rediculous.....I'm 280 lbs!!

My ankles hurt sometimes. My knees are starting to hurt. I have trouble with stairs, and avoid them whenever possible. I don't feel sexy or pretty. My husband is a sweetheart and I love him dearly, but I have a very low sex drive. There are only two stores in town that I can shop in for my size. I have a 42 C/D bra. Size 26 pants or 3X. Also 3X tops. I am limited in what I can wear.
Scott (hubby) and I had a long talk last night and he thinks that me going off dairy is a red herring. Whatever that means? He tried vigorously to talk me out of it. I am not going to reconsider.


Dr. Rayne has informed me that i have a pituitary dominant body type. so I'm going off dairy b/c my body does not respond well to it.

I went straight out to the store and bought a bunch of replacements. Soy sour creme, soy yogurt, almond milk, soy buttery spread, soy ice cream sandwiches.

Here is the break down:

Ryza rice milk: not good at all!! X100.....i do not like the flavour, or the consistency and I gave it to friends.

Cuties Ice cream sandwiches: Definitely will buy again Yummo! So that is a good addition to my diet

So Nice soy beverage: Yes I will buy again. No after taste or bad mouth feel

Almond Milk: Definitely I like the taste and consistency

Soy yogurt: Not too bad

Buttery spread: Tastes like butter and will do for a substitute

All in all not too bad. My body has not seemed to mind no dairy...so far so good

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Have you tried the chocolate almond milk? Sooooo yummy!